Velvet red curtains hung before the intimate crowd invited to listen to Norah Jone’s new album “Little Broken Hearts”. Heads hovered over the banister on the low balcony as everyone’s attention turned to drawn curtains. Hand made puppets were revealed and the album began.
Nine songs were played and nine stories were told by floating antique toys and a birdcage skirted doll, being moved and humanized by black clothed puppet masters. Tales of love and heartbreak danced on stage and through the speakers as the crowd watched and listened earnestly. A beautiful way to experience a beautiful new album.
Photos by: Mike Bogart
- Shark Attack Sounds Gets A Bigger Boat
- Milk Made Mix Tape: White Girl Problems
- Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds after party...
- COACHELLA: MIX TAPE DAY 2
- Rolling Stone and Milk Photo Booth: Day 3